Monday 2 July 2012

Period Dramas - Double Treat with Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardi DiCaprio in two period dramas on 25th December this year! 

Leonardo DiCaprio will be starring in two period movies, and guess what, both these movies are expected to release on the same day! It will be THE GREAT GATSBY up against DJANGO UNCHAINED!


In Great Gatsby, Leonardo will be playing the lead character of Jay Gatsby which has already been portrayed by Robert Redford in 1974 movie of the same name. Comparisons will be drawn but I think he'll equal Robert Redford, might even outshine him.


The second movie is, Django Unchained, where Leonardo plays a ruthless and francophile plantation owner, Calvin Candie, so, that's a negative shade.

Both of these period dramas are expected to release on the 25th of this December, which one are you going to watch first?

(L-R) Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby and
Leonardo DiCaprio as Calvin Candie in Django Unchained

2 comments:

  1. Personally I'm awaiting The Great Gatsby. I'm not really familiar with the second one - is it also based on a novel?

    I just recently read The Great Gatsby for the first time - I was planning to do it for a long time and the release of the movie kind of spurred me on I guess >.< (Same thing's happening with Anna Karenina). I'm assuming you have read Gatsby? Have you seen any of the older versions? There's a latest one with Toby Stephens, the guy who played the delectable 2006 Mr. Rochester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I am waiting for The Great Gatsby since I know the story and I liked Robert Redford in the 1974 movie.

      I haven't seen the Toby Stephens version, I guess it was for TV.

      As for Django Unchained, I would not exactly like watching Leonardo in a negative role, so I am looking forward to The Great Gatsby.

      Delete

Please do express your VIEWS!