Sunday 7 August 2011

Period Movies Box - Miss Potter (2006) - Reviewed

Miss Potter (2006) 
My Overall Rating - 7.5/10
Miss Potter - Renee Zellweger
Today I watched Miss Potter and what a delight it was. The movie stars Renee Zellweger (as Beatrice Potter), Ewan McGregor (as Norman Warne), Emily Watson (as Millie Warne), Lloyd Owen, Bill Paterson among the rest. The movie follows the story of Beatrice Potter, the celebrated and much loved author of children's books, The Tale of Peter Rabbit.


The story has been very well formed by Richard Maltby Jr, my sincere compliments to him. Much closer to the truth and the facts of the author and so subtle. This is exactly what I expected from Renee Zellweger, a great performance and I think Ewan McGregor's mustache made him look much more handsome (not many people can carry it off that well!). 


The movie captures the beautiful illustrations made by Beatrice Potter as well as the picturesque hill top farm where she lived. There's such beauty in the movie, and innocence too. No doubt Miss Potter celebrated the countryside living in Britain, it is what she preached and loved, until the very end.

Its a definitely 'catch it' movie, so simple and yet so good. I liked everything about it, the cast, story, scenes, music and ofcourse the stupid Puddle Duck! I can tag this Sunday evening as 'charming' one!

I wish there were more such movies, a family movie definitely. I think you might as well want to read a very nice post on Beatrix Potter on one of my favorite blogs.

IMDb Link - Miss Potter
Wikipedia Link - Miss Potter

For more information on movies stay connected to Period Movies Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do express your VIEWS!